- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz cans) - unflavored and unsweetened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar or to taste (maybe coconut sugar)
- 1 - 4 Tbsp coconut flour or tapioca flour (add 1 Tbsp at a time)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or to taste
- Chill the cans of coconut milk overnight in the fridge
- Open the cans, drain off the clear liquid and transfer the cream to a chilled bowl, using a rubber spatula to scrape all the cream out of the cans
- Beat the thick coconut cream in the chilled bowl with a hand mixer until thick and fluffy
- Add the vanilla, then gradually beat in the powdered sugar and coconut or tapioca flour, 1 or 2 Tbsp at a time, testing for flavor and consistency
- For flavored whipped cream, add some cinnamon, instant coffee, or cocoa powder (you may want to increase the sugar a bit); or replace the vanilla with almond or coconut extract or a liqueur
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the coconut cream to a covered storage container, and chill for 2 hours until the mixture firms. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Data Per 73g Serving: 174 cal, 16g carb, 12g fat, 8mg sodium, 0g fiber, 1g protein, low Cholesterol, good source of Manganese. Estimated glycemic load 11
**Don't like the coconut "icing" idea??...Then use plain Greek Yogurt instead of Coconut Milk and Almond Flour in place of the coconut flour...
**Toast your almonds before pressing them on the side, you can toast them in a skillet over medium heat until golden, or toast them in the oven under the broiler...Be sure to let them cool completely before using them on your "cake"